Mostly I will keep politics off here, at least for now. However when I hear the lovely snowflakes we have today complain about micro-aggressions, it just makes me want to macro-aggress right up side their heads.
That being said, as a printer, I am faced with micro-aggressions every day. Here is what some of my customers do that have me wanting to run to my safe space. (not really, but just go with it).
- After looking at a proof go “This is perfect! Can we change the phone number?”
- After I EMAIL you a proof, saying in the email to EMAIL back if OK to print or changes as needed, you proceed to CALL me back and say it is OK to print.
- Sending me a 15k jpeg file that you expect me to blow up to a 2′ x 3′ poster.
- Talking to me on speaker phone. Exceptions for when in a car, because of the law, you know.
- Calling me for your husband/wife/partner and being the intermediary. Just hand them the damn phone!
- Do you even know what you want when you say ‘matte paper’? There are coated papers with a matte finish and regular paper which is technically a matte finish. Which is it!!!!!
- Put your damn cell phone down while at the counter talking to me. I WILL walk away and get to you when I am finished with whatever I started doing while you rudely were on the phone.
- No, I will not text you your proof. You do not need my cell phone number, ever.
- No, I can’t save it in a Word format so that you can make edits. Word isn’t a page layout program, I don’t use it unless I have to. And I don’t have to.
There are others, I am sure, but perhaps that will be a post for another day…